Due to ongoing security concerns, Zoom turned off the ability for participants to share their screen during a Zoom meeting. Hosts can share their screen as usual and can also allow participants to share their screen either during a Zoom meeting or for all existing and future Zoom meetings.
If you are the host of the meeting, you should see the Zoom Security button on the bottom navigation of Zoom during your meeting.
Note: If you do not see the Security button after joining a Zoom meeting as host, see “Where Do I Download the Latest Version”. If you are using a university managed computer, you may see a message titled “Auto Update Disabled”. The new update should be available. If you are on the latest version, 4.6.10 or later, and do not see the Security option, make sure you are the host of the meeting. If you still do not see the Security button, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To allow participants to share their screen during a meeting:
- Click on the Zoom Security button.
- Under Allow participants to: click on Share Screen. Ensure there is a checkmark next to Share Screen.
- Participants are now allowed to share their screen. You can turn this on/off at any time during the meeting.
You can change the default to allow participants to share their screen for all previously created and future meetings in your Zoom account settings. To allow participants to share their screen for all Zoom meetings:
- Login to zoom.nd.edu.
- Click on Settings on the left navigation.
- Scroll down until you see the section for Screen Sharing. Under the heading Who can share? choose All Participants.
- All previous and future meetings created will allow participants to share their screen. If you need to disable this for a particular meeting, refer to the Security button directions above.