Any faculty, staff, or student with a Zoom account can install the Zoom client on their personal and institutional computers. Zoom must be downloaded as a program on your personal computer (Note: lectern PCs already include the software), and the process is the same for both Windows and Apple machines. Additionally, there are also optional extensions to Chrome and Firefox browsers and apps available on iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
To install the Zoom Client on Your PC/Mac:
Installing from this source will provide you with the latest available version and the default client settings.
- Go to https://notredame.zoom.us/download.
- Click the Download button under Zoom Client for Meetings.
- Click on the downloaded file.
- Follow the setup instructions.
To install the Zoom iPad / iPhone App:
- Click here or to the Apple App Store on your device.
- Search for “Zoom Cloud Meetings” in the App Store (Note: searches for “zoom” return many apps not affiliated with zoom.us).
- Follow the normal steps to install a new application on your iPad or iPhone.
To install the Zoom Android Tablet / Phone App:
- Click here or go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Zoom Cloud Meetings” in Google Play (Note: searches for “zoom” return many apps not affiliated with zoom.us).
- Follow the normal steps to install a new application on your Android tablet or phone.
To install the Zoom Browser Extensions:
- Go to: https://notredame.zoom.us/download
- Scroll down the page until you see "Zoom Extension for Browsers"
- Click the button for Chrome or Firefox and follow the instructions.