Note: There are multiple versions of the AnyConnect app available . The installation of these apps will all be similar to the instructions listed below, but may have some slight differences depending on the version of AnyConnect that works for your device.
- In the Google Play Store, search for AnyConnect. There may be multiple versions of the AnyConnect app available; choose the app that best matches your device. If one matching your specific device is not shown and your device is running Ice Cream Sandwich (Android OS v4.0) or newer, choose the AnyConnect version.
- Click the Install button.
- Open up your applications, and open AnyConnect. Respond to the user agreement if prompted.
- Choose Connections
- Choose + in the lower right corner to add a new VPN connection
- Set a description such as ND VPN, and then choose Server Address, and if you are faculty or staff enter vpnaccess.nd.edu, and choose OK. If your primary affiliation is Student, you will enter vpnaccess.nd.edu/go. Choose Done. Select the back arrow ("Connection Selector") at the top of the window to navigate back to the main screen.
- Tap the slider associated with AnyConnectVPN, turning it On.
Enter in your NetID and Password. Complete Two Step Authorization as prompted.
- Click Accept to the VPN Banner
You should now be connected to the ND VPN. The screen should look similar to the screenshot below.
Note: Unlike the VPN capabilities built in to Android, the Cisco AnyConnect app keeps you connected to the VPN while your device is locked. You must open the app and turn the AnyConnect VPN connection OFF before it will disconnect.