What are the hours for the OIT Help Desk and how can I get assistance?
You can reach the OIT Help Desk via the following options:
- ServiceNow Self-Service Portal: servicenow.nd.edu (the knowledgebase is available 24/7!)
- Telephone: 574-631-8111
- Walk-in: 115 DeBartolo Hall
- Chat: help.nd.edu
- Email: email@example.com
For time-sensitive assistance, you'll generally receive the fastest response via Telephone, Walk-in or Chat.
IT Help * PrintND Quota * Borrow A/V Equipment
At this time our walk-in counter in 115 DeBartolo Hall will be closed until further notice. To facilitate social distancing, all Help Desk staff will be working remotely and can be reached using the options listed above.
Summer/Intersession Support Hours
Beginning Saturday, May 9:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- (Closed Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. for Staff Meetings)
We remain open on Labor Day holidays, when classes are in session, while most campus offices are closed. We are closed for other university holidays.
Academic Support Hours
Only available during the Academic Year, when classes are in session.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(Walk-in assistance only Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. when we are closed for Staff Meetings)
Contacts outside standard business hours will generally be handled by our student employees.
During the Academic Year when Classes are in session, we have a Help Desk student representative available at the IT Outpost in the Hesburgh Library on the 2nd floor. Current hours are:
Sunday - Thursday: 1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Options When the Help Desk Is Closed
When the Help Desk is closed, you can still contact us by the following methods, and we will respond to you when we reopen:
- Search the knowledge base or log an incident at servicenow.nd.edu
- Leave a message by calling (574) 631-8111
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org